Today let us share how to clean your washing machine to you, it’s a good idea to give it a scrub-down a few times a year. This will rid your washing machine of soap scum build-up, dirt, and mildew, along with associated unpleasant odors.
For Front Loading Washing Machines
- First, fill with hot water and set the washing machine on the largest wash setting . Put 2 cups of bleach and run it though a full cycle.
- After that fill with hot water once again on the largest setting and put 2 cups of vinegar. Run through a full wash and rinse cycle again.
- Run another wash cycle with water only to flush out remaining dirt and grime.
- Remove the fabric softener and bleach dispenser and let them sit in a bowl of warm, soapy water. Place on a towel to dry before putting them back where they belong.
- Finally, add 1 cup of bleach to a gallon of warm water. Pull back and thoroughly clean the rubber door seal with a sponge or soft cloth. To reduce odor and mildew build-up, leave the door open between uses.
For Top Loading Washing Machines
- First, fill with hot water and set the washing machine on the largest wash setting . Put 4 cups of bleach and let it agitate for a couple minutes, then let it sit for at least an hour.
- Run it through the longest wash and rinse cycle.
- Fill the machine with hot water and put 4 cups of distilled white vinegar, then let stand for another hour.
- Meanwhile, use distilled vinegar to thoroughly clean the bleach and fabric softener dispensers, lid, and nobs. An old tooth brush or cotton swabs can really get into those crevices for a detailed cleaning.
- Finally, run a long wash cycle with just water to rinse away the bleach and vinegar.